by Mark Parker
Parsons, Kansas —
10. The dog refuses to get into the pickup until you turn on the AC.
9. You can track an escaped cow down the blacktop.
8. Your seat belt buckle could be used as a branding iron.
7. Farmers actually ask their wives if there are any in-the-house projects that need to be done.
6. The cows haven’t left the hedgerow for a week.
5. The county agent volunteers to referee the wash-rack water fight at the Fair.
4. An upper 90s forecast sounds pretty darn good.
3. There’s no such thing as high moisture hay.
2. It’s just as hot in Toronto (Kan.) as it is in Peru (Kan.).
1. Somebody calls the elevator to check on the dock for popped kernels in a load of corn. £