by Mark Parker
Parsons, Kansas —
10. You have to use GPS to get to the next field.
9. Your lender tacks on a mileage surcharge when they come out to count cows.
8. Charges are pending regarding county assessor bribery allegations.
7. You offer a guy a job and he informs you that he already works for you.
6. After bad-mouthing your neighbor for not getting his corn harvested last fall, it turns out that it’s actually your field.
5. You get Christmas cards, caps, rain gauges, calendars and monogrammed pliers holsters from seed dealers in four states.
4. Your wife, who runs to town for parts, now has two assistants.
3. The Co-op calls to see if they can lease some bin space.
2. Insecticide eartags arrive in pallet form.
1. You win the lottery and take the opportunity to refinance.