by Mark Parker
Parsons, Kansas —
10. Do net-wrapped big round bales hold together better than twine bales after falling off the trailer at 65 mph?
9. Ergonomic arrangement of your recliner so drink, snack, calculator, farm publication, remote control and pliers are all conveniently accessible.
8. Techniques for making the pickup you’re about to trade not look like it was the point vehicle in Desert Storm.
7. Why normal accounting procedures don’t really apply to your operation.
6. How to convince your wife a farm machinery auction is more important than your niece’s eighth grade graduation.
5. Year-round calving to spread out cash flow.
4. Things you can do to help your pain-in-the-behind acreage neighbors decide to move back to the city—without being obvious about it.
3. Using a dart board to select optimum fertilizer amounts.
2. Strategies for sticking your buddy with the check at the coffee shop.
1. Zip-ties—the baling wire of a new generation. £